Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Creature of habit

So I have this insulated coffee mug, this mug I inadvertently stole from my Mum seven years ago. The actual theft was completely blameless and unintentional, but by the time she got around to telling me I may have taken her mug by mistake? TOO LATE, BITCH. IT'S MINE.

I love my mug. In seven years, I have never been away from it longer than a day. Yesterday, I had dinner with Ex-Husband and Son, and had put my mug down on the floor of their car. This morning, Husbandly One looked around our kitchen and called, "Dear? Where is your mug?"

I thought about it for a minute. "Omigod, it's in 'City Two hours Away From Here' !!" And, giant loser that I am, I teared up a bit.

I know: I am lame.

At work, I grabbed some other, mediocre, non-loved cup and got my coffee. My supervisor immediately noticed the difference and said, "Irma! Where's your cup!"

I teared up AGAIN (yes, I am that lame) and wailed, "It is in City Two Hours From Here!"

Fast forward an hour. Supervisor walked in to my office with a brand new coffee mug which she had just purchased at the Tim Horton's across the street. She knew I would have my own, beloved mug back by the weekend, but she needed to acknowledge the fact that I felt lost without my good old brown plastic mug and wanted to give me a crutch for these next few days.

Yes, I AM that lame. And yes, she is that awesome. I don't know how I ended up with such a fabulous boss, but I am glad she's in my life.

(and ps, she's ALSO the one with the perfect life in the country. Whore.)

No comments: