Thursday, May 7, 2009

Still here!

Gah, I am having soooo many computer issues. First my laptop died, then our internet crapped out totally and I couldn't use Husbandly One's laptop, either. I am slowly limping my way back to connectivity...

random thoughts:

Did NO gardening last weekend due to horrid weather. Weather has continued sucky since then, but I have high hopes for getting some seriously dirty fingernails on Mother's Day.

Have been working on some needlework projects like a mad woman. It seems to have replace scrapbooking in my heart for now. Which is totally okay, sooner or later scrapbooking will rear its ugly addictive head again and I will go back to it. But I'm not going to feel guilty about my lack of interest in it for now. And let's all hpe that Husbandly One never realizes how many thousands of dollars of scrapbooking supplies are in my craft room going un-used.

We went to the funeral for my step-father's brother yesterday. It was a very sad, unexpected death, but a very positive moving service, and a "good" time was had by all. Now, you know I don't think funerals are a good time, but you also know that weddings and funerals are the only time everyone gets together, right? So it was a nice time in that I got to see my extended family on my step father's side. Anyway, Husbandly One and I sat down in our seats about 20 minutes before the service started, and within 5 minutes he was rubbing his hands together, "Wow Irma, it's cold in here. Why don't they turn up the heat?" Umm, because there's a dead guy in the room??? Moron.

So, the plans for my summer are official: in addition to the usual busy summer stuff, we are catering for 35,000 to 50,000 people at the BonJovi concert in June, and for 70,000 to 100,000 for the AC/DC concert in August. Guess which one scares the crap out of me.

On a related note, tonight Husbandly One and I went to Costco and bought THIRTY 10x10 foot tents, it all rang it at $9152.66 . We need those tents to create our "food andbeverage ticket" selling booths at the concerts....in past years we have rented them, and the rental bill was about $10,000. For ONE concert. So even if we only get two concerts out of these tents, we still saved the company $11,000 over the space of one summer. But seriously? Dude had better put his damn expense report in TOMORROW.

And that's all I've got for now. Over the past few days, a hundred things to write about have entered my head....but now that I have an opportunity to update, they have all walked straight out of my head. I'm just glad to be back.

No comments: