Saturday, May 16, 2009

I just can't

It is 5:37 pm, I have been working outside since 9am this morning...and yet I haven't planted a single thing. I created two new raised vegetable beds in the back, and I "double dug" a new flower bed in the front, out of our INCREDIBLY heavy clay soil. And though there are still a few hours of daylight left? And though it is now supposed to rain for the next two days?

I just can't.

Whimper.

At this exact moment,I couldn't care LESS if I ever harvest a vegetable. I couldn't care less about the thyme seedlings I bought yesterday, which are now languishing in my craft room. I couldn't care less about all the seeds that aren't tucked in to fertile earth.

All of my garlic is up, looks strong, and needs to by mulched. I COULDN'T CARE LESS.

I am exhausted, I am filthy, I smell like sheep shit. I cut my finger pretty badly, although I no longer remember how.

At this exact moment, gardening is STUPID, and if I ever get my hands on the person who told me this was a good idea....uh. wait.

I am going to hit the shower now, the people I live with will be happier because of it. I hate every single wretched thing about gardening.



And I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, so I can go out and do it again.

No comments: