Sunday, April 12, 2009

We're number two! We're number two!

Well, poop. Canada lost the world curling championship to Scotland. It was a great game, but obviously did not end the way we wanted. This photo was taken just before the game, when Canada was still the world champion. Sigh.

I can't believe how much I love this game. I can't believe that, less than two weeks ago, I didn't understand it in the least and thought it was stupid. I ALSO can't believe I told that to Mark Kennedy (one of Canada's curlers, the one in the black jacket). Well, that would be me, I will say any fool thing that enters my head.



(in the background of the photo, on the right? One of the Chinese curlers. A friend mentioned that all they seem to do in their off hours is sit at their computers for hours on end. I reminded him that, in China, they don't actually have access to the internet and so I don't blame them for surfing to their hearts' content!)

It is now 1:20 am, and I need to go to bed as I work in the morning. Husbandly One, on the other hand, is on is way out to go party with ALL the curlers in their private party room. It doesn't hurt that Husbandly One both provided the room AND five cases of beer for the event, but still! I want to go party, too!!

No comments: