Friday, April 24, 2009

First barbeque of the season?

Priceless.

In other news, the snow is finally out of my yard. Yay! But now we have to rake up all the mess and deal with all the dog poop in the backyard. Boo-urns!

My garlic arrived in the mail today, and I was forced to face the ugly truth: I have no place to PLANT it. So tomorrow Husbandly One and I will head of to our local DIY warehouse and buy what we need to make the beds, so that I can plant them next weekend.

Oh yeah, next weekend. Husbandly One is flying to Detroit with StepSon on Thursday for our grand-daughter's First Communion (I couldn't take the time off work as I am in my busiest season) and so I will be alone. Heady stuff, believe me... to me, there is nothing more relaxing and soothing than a chance to be completely alone, with no chance of interruption. This is a very, very rare thing in my life, but when it happens? Bliss. I imagined myself dropping them off at the airport, and then hugging myself on the way back to our truck to begin my four days of silence, housework, and gardening. (I actually love housework when no one is around.)

Anyhoo, it turns out that the Men in My Life aren't flying out of our city, but out of a city three hours away from here. Bye bye, Men. Bye bye, Truck. The reality of the situation is, instead of four days of utter freedom, I now have to beg rides to and from work on Thursday, Friday, and Monday, and will be stuck at my house all weekend without wheels. Gah!

So, yeah Husbandly One, you are sooooooo taking me to a gardening centre tomorrow!

No comments: