Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My lesson from Detroit

I have mentioned this before, but I will put it in context again: Husbandly One is almost twenty years older than me. Through him, I find myself, at the age of 38, grandmother to two fabulous girls. Yes, I have two grand-daughters who are 10 and 7... (my 11 year old son finds in hysterical that, through marriage -- or Whatever-- he is their uncle. But I digress.)

So here's something my oldest grand-daughter, Colie, showed me: take a crayon ( or pen, or pencil, or just a stupid stick) in each hand. Push the flat ends of the two crayons together. Hard. And keep pushing hard. Keep pushing. No, don't qustion my methods. Just push those crayons together as hard as you can.

Now slowly pull the crayons apart, and feel how they have become magnets and don't want to separate.

Cool, huh?

No comments: