Saturday, November 3, 2007

Waiting for the storm

It is 11:20 pm in my part of the world. Rain has been falling at a truly staggering rate since 6pm, but the winds haven't really picked up yet. We are currently at 40km sustained, a far cry from the 90km sustained with gusts up to 140 km expected to begin around 2 am.

(And for my American friends, who may not understand "km's".... well, actually, I can't help you, I don't understand miles. I know 90 km = 55 miles per hour, but my comprehension ends there.)

Husbandly One is spending the night at the hotel where we both work. Because he is a department head, he is required to stay on-site when it looks like the shit is going to hit the proverbial fan. He just called to tell me that a few meeting rooms are leaking through the windows, and there is a bizarre leak from the ceiling in the middle of the kitchen, but other than that things are pretty normal.

Here at home, Son is asleep downstairs, I have the hockey game on at low volume, and I can hear the rain bouncing off my windows.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: