Friday, October 12, 2007

Commercials

I truly enjoy a well crafted commercial, one that makes me laugh, cry, or think. Do not underestimate the power of advertising, my friends: it is a modern day artform, and should be appreciated at that level. Conversely, a BAD commerical grates on my nerves and makes me want to scream, it certainly does not make me want to purchase the offered product.

This may be a regional commercial, but have you seen the Rogers Communications commercial where they're trying to sell their bundle package? It shows a happy family, relaxing in their family room, all telling the camera what they want.

Son: I want movies, when I want them
Mom: I want to talk to my sister long distance, whenever I feel like it.

And then there's the vacant-eyed teenage daughter (who clearly thinks she's The Shit) harping in the background, "Talk more, talk waaaaaaaaaaaaay more. Faster internet connection...Faster, waaaaaaay faster."

I hate that little bitch.

And I just want Rogers to know that I would rather eat my own pancreas than look at her simpering little face one more time. And she most certainly does not inspire me to purchase your product. I now hate you, because of her.

That is all.

No comments: