Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quiet weekend

Yesterday I did something I haven't done in years: I made chocolate chip cookies. Husbandly One has been great about living with my worm farn, about my cheese-making disasters, about all the whole wheat flour I've foisted on him, about all my garden plans. I figured the least I could do was make him something normal for a change.

Yeah, well, that was yesterday. Today I got right back on the breadmaking band wagon and threw together some garlic and parsley bread. I mean, that's not too weird, but it's not full of chocolate, either, so I understand why he enjoyed yesterday's bakng more.

I also did quite a bit of housework, including a ton of laundry. No no, not an exaggeration, I swear it must have been an actual ton. The truly sad part is that we actually need to maintain a certain amount of clothes in the whole laundry system (as opposed to clean and put away) otherwise it doesn't all fit in our closet and drawers. This is not because we buy clothes all the time, far from it: it is because we never get rid of anything. So, in the next week or so, I'm going to try to get a handle on some of it. Some items are perfectly fine but don't fit me (too big) and can be donated to charity, and some items just need to be cut in to rags. After all, there really is a limit to how many t-shirts one woman needs.

1 comment:

ilex said...

I just bought some chocolate chips the other day with the goal of baking- I don't think I've bought a bag of chocolate chips since college. Must be the moon phase.