Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I love my new neighbours

I do, I do, I DO.

While I was out weeding the vegetables this afternoon, I struck up a conversation with the young family who have recently replaced The Perfect, Victory Garden, Looking Down Their Noses people who used to live across our back fence.

This young family, Justin, his wife Nadine, and baby Evelyn, are so happy to be in our neighbourhood. And are so hopeful about their little vegetable garden.

As I leaned over the fence, aquainting myself with them, possibly forging a friendship, I looked down at their garden. AND REALIZED I KNEW MORE THAN THEY DID. Holy moly, they didn't even pinch any suckers off their tomato plants. They have NO CLUE what they're doing. But at least they are trying.

I love them.

(And once I know them better? I will offer some helpful garden advice, it just didn't seem like the right thing to start telling them what they're doing WRONG, the very first time I talk to them!)

1 comment:

Robbyn said...

Oh man, I wish I were your neighbor because I had no idea about pinching the suckers off the tomato plants! Of course, I don't HAVE any tomato plants as yet (ha!) Please let me know if you still can't access my site and I'll see if the problem is on my end. It's a real honor that you stop by! :)

Robbyn