Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Kobo is Dead

Kobo is an e-reader, like a Kindle (which is not available in Canada, in case you were wondering.)

My Kobo is currently nothing more than a $150 paperweight, and so I am taking it back to Chapters tomorrow. No, I do not have the receipt for my particular machine, but they are free to peruse my credit card records where they would see I have bought FOUR of these machines in the past six months (no, not for me, Christmas gifts).

One of four things will happen tomorrow:

1. They will fix my machine.

2. They will be unable to fix my machine, but will replace it. (The Kobo was only released in April 2010, it's not like I've had it forever.)

3. They will be unable to fix it but will offer me a newer version for just a few dollars for the upgrade.

4. They will shrug their shoulders and not give a shit.

I suspect the fourth option is the most likely....but hopefully they have learned the lesson that now defunct Borders has to teach.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: